Sunday, October 19, 2008

the star streaked sky.

I've always wished I could draw, I think it's the most amazing thing. But, I'm really impatient and get ridiculously frustrated way too easy. So, I've just never been able to actually apply myself. But, I found this instructionao drawing website written by some art teacher and it is really informative, so I'm actually goijng to take the time to practice and get better. I'm really excited.

Yep. Oh, and I'm way more into short stories, or descriptive writing. But, I wanted to try my hand at poetry, well good poetry, and the finished product makes me extremely happy.


As I looked into the star streaked sky
I felt a tiny boy, by my side.
Small and tender, no regrets.
He forced me to remember, never fret.
The life he made was full of joy.
Memories of candy and toys.

A dainty girl arrived by my side and told me
“Amanda, don’t you cry”
Her dainty hands wrapped around mine and reminded me
I don’t have time.
This generation is filled with fear.
That they may not last another year.

Feat is the trigger for our lives.
It is our hopes, it is our cries.
Fear is what makes grown men tear
And little girls, grasp at their pretty hair

One days soon we’ll find each other and know that
Some day or another, fear will be a memory
Of days that were never meant to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! really deep. i really enjoyed this you should tackle on some more. really its great, its abou tme isnt it?? i know i saw through your litttle plan



DJ

Amanda Story said...

Haha, yeah, it is about you... (NOT!)