Thursday, October 2, 2008

Toasted Skin

I've been switching between watching Buffy and Greek, it's all very exciting.
I've decided that I like Evan and Cappie equally. Evan is a much deeper character than I originally thought, I liked the fact that he had a beard/goatee combo and wanted to join Kappa Tau. But, I like that he is a responsible, put together adult.
Then, there's Cappie. I like that he's simple. I like that he doesn't take things for granted and has a severe case of the funnies.
I think if we combined Evan and Cappie, as characters, they would be the perfect guy.
I've probably thought about this way too much. I mean, it's not really a complicated show, so the character's aren't really as complicated as I made them. But, I don't know, I like to be analytical, it gives watching TV a point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's easy to equate GREEK with being an uncomplicated show, but my friends and I pull it apart after each episode and it's more complex than you think. Fist off, Evan has lots of layers,just when you think he's a nice clear-thinking guy, he takes a left and does something devious.(like trying to pay a guy to stay away from Casey -did that work? He should have thought that one thru a little harder!) Cappie is also very complex and somewhat mysterious. What's his real name, why haven't we been introduced to his parents (we've met everyone else's) He may seemy goofy and cocky, but deep down he is sensitive and jealous (of Max's relationship with Casey and Rusty)and insecure. Cappie hides behind his humor (and Rebecca tagged him on it). Cappie also gets drunk alot (another escape from reality technique). I think Cappie is WAY deeper than anyone gives him credit for. It's a fact taht he is VERY smart. He is also a great friend and brother to his KT pals. He was great for Rebecca and even tho he couldn't "Step up" enough, I think he handled her pretty well during their relationship. He was really forgiving. And for Evan, he seems to be lost between doing the right thing and what works for him. The "Chambers" way gets him what he wants in the short term, but he isn't really happy. Casey brought out the good in him, Frannie brings out the "Chambers". I think that Evan will eventually "go off the map" and become a good guy in the end.

Amanda Story said...

Intersting points, I definitely agree that Cappie is very layery and much more complex than he appears. I hope Evan does revert back to his goatee days, or atleast reverting to a more "Evan-y" Evan and less of a "Chambers" Evan. But, I definitely don't see that happening while he's still with Frannie. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.